- Select the colour of felt and type of print
- We will send you shipping instructions and a repair form to know more about your repair request (colour, design....)
- Send your repair to Alicia in Eindhoven
- Alicia will send your repaired garment back, shipping covered
Depending on the type and size of repair these normally take between 5 to 10 days to be sent back to you. Shipping to fixing fashion is at your own cost but we will cover the cost of shipment back to you.
Shibori is an ancient traditional Japanese technique and has had some African influences. It's a dyeing technique created by folding and clamping two planks in any shape onto the folded garment but can give different prints by its binding. In the US in the ’60s, Tie Dye was derived from the Shibori technique and is a more straightforward technique of twisting and tying. This can be done with Bleach on darker clothes, as a replacement for dye. Using bleach as a replacement for dye is an excellent way of giving darker-toned clothing a second life. We know bleach is harmful to the environment, but throwing away a garment still weighs heavier than bleach.
- Possible only on natural fibres; like Cotton or Linen etc.
- Only on darker tones
- Colour possibilities depend on the chemical reaction with the original dye. Most of the time this can be white, green or red. It’s a surprise!!
- Print possibilities: Block shibori, dotted pattern or flower pattern
- Possible only on woven fabrics or thin knitted fabrics.
- Upcycled in Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Please fill in the questionnaire as detailed as possible for best results
- Only washed garments are accepted for repairs.
Alicia Minaard currently only accepts orders from the Netherlands for her repair services. If you are in EU and really interested in trying this out please send us an email at email@example.com and we will do our best to see if we can accomodate you.
Once you place an order on PARO for one of the repair services, you will receive a quesitonnaire to help Alicia understand a little bit more about the garment and the repair service you want. Once this is emailed back to us and we ensure that the Srepair is possible we will send you Alicia's shipping address in Eindhoven.
**For orders outside of the UK customers may be subject to import duties, customs tax and/or brokerage fees. Shipping to Alicia is at the customers expense, however shipping back to you is covered by Alicia.
Depending on the type and size of the repair the process will take around 5 -10 days to be shipped back to you.
For this service Alicia Minaard does not accept any returns or exchanges. We have a thorough questionnaire that we ask you to fill in so we can get the exact idea of what you would like and Alicia Minaard will send a photo of the repair before the shipment is shipped to make sure you know what you are receiving.
IF you have any quesitons about the shipping or repair process in general please don't hesitate to ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org